Welcome to our delightful country cottages for rent on The Garden Route between Knysna & Plettenberg Bay.
We require a minimum of 2 people per cottage. Additional adults GET REDUCED RATES so larger parties could stay at Packwood for as little as R375 per person per night – so get booking!
Country House: From R950 – R1050 per person per night sharing – minimum 2 adults [Sleeps six]. Extra adults FROM ONLY R800 pppn!
This is our FLAGSHIP HOUSE – Originally home to the Gent family, this beautiful thatched African farmhouse has 3 large double bedrooms all with en-suites, sweeping views over the estate, plenty of space for alfresco dining, ideal for 3 couples.
Bottlebrush Cottage: R550 – R650 per person per night sharing – minimum 2 adults [Sleeps two].
Bottlebrush Cottage is a pretty, double storey, self catering thatched cottage with a romantic bedroom upstairs with doors opening onto your own private elevated deck and a very spacious and welcoming open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room giving you plenty of space to relax and unwind.
The family cottage is open plan living and sleeps 4 people in 1 double, 1 twin and 1 single, 1 full bathroom. A good sized enclosed deck off the sitting room ideal for catching the sun and relaxing with a glass of Packwood.
Hill Cottage: R450 – R550 per person per night sharing – minimum 2 adults [Sleeps four]. Extra adults FROM ONLY R300 pppn!
A pretty 2 bedroomed thatched country cottage hidden amongst the trees, (1 double and 1 twin), one with en-suite and a further shower room off the open plan living area with enclosed and very private deck to the front and small terrace to the rear.
Whether you are into relaxing, drinking good wine and eating fresh farm produce or hiking, cycling and nature, Packwood is the perfect place for you to enjoy a country holiday.
With our proximity to all Garden Route attractions and activities, Packwood is the ideal place for families or couples to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the countryside, yet be only a short distance from the many beaches and attractions this area has to offer. Surrounded by breathtaking countryside and nature in abundance, Packwood Wine Estate’s country cottages offer a diverse holiday experience, on the doorstep of the Garden of Eden and Fisanthoek’s pristine forest which is a haven for hikers and cyclists, bird twitchers and countryside enthusiasts.
Although our accommodation is on a self catering basis, we trust you will be tempted to join us for breakfast & bubbles at least once during your stay.
We serve our famous breakfast & bubbles at the “lunchbox” daily and we are open for lunch where you can savour one of our delicious homemade cheese platters whilst sipping your favourite Packwood wines.
To stay in one of our country cottages, please bear in the mind the following:
Low Season 20th April – 10th Nov | High Season 11th Nov – 12th Dec & 11th Jan – 19th Apr | Christmas Period 13th Dec – 10th Jan
- We have a minimum stay of 2 nights in low & high season
- We have a minimum stay of 5 nights over the Christmas period
- Our family swimming pool is for all the guests to enjoy with discretion, located below Packwood House.
Always call or email directly – we are flexible and we will always try and accommodate you.
If you love the outdoors and dream of living the “country lifestyle”, our country cottages are for you.
Surrounded by beautiful views, award winning wine and bubbly, “jerseylicious” homemade cheese, organically grown chicken and eggs, what more could you want your holiday accommodation to offer?
Think of Packwood as your own private retreat enjoy a well deserved rest at this beautiful destination.
Points to note:
- You are welcome to use the communal pool, with consideration to other guests and the owners. Braais, music and private parties are not allowed at the pool area.
- Visit our wine tasting room to sip award winning wines and bubbly or the Lunchbox to savor our farm produce
- Plettenberg Bay is our nearest town just 15 minutes away and Knysna 25 minutes.
- Basic housekeeping is provided at an additional charge for the properties Mon – Fri mornings EXCLUDING public holidays. It is important to remember during the Dec/Jan holidays there are several public holidays.
- if you would like us to put a small hamper together for your arrival please let us know in advance
- Treat yourself to Breakfast and Bubbles at our Lunchbox served from 8.30 until 11 am, or for one of our homemade cheese platters.
- DSTV is available at R25 per day.
- As a sustainable farm we are extremely diligent in conserving as much water as possible, we suffered this year from the worst drought in 20 years which had a huge impact on our water resources, water is very precious, our green room policy is to provide linen once a week and not on an earlier basis, unless absolutely necessary. This results in a huge saving of water and guests can rest assured that their hosts are providing an environmentally responsible holiday stay.
- Please note that any breakages or damages to the cottage facilities during your stay will be charged accordingly.
Our Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be submitted in writing, cancellation charges apply as follows:-
- More than one month prior to check in no fore-fit full refund
22-30 days prior to check in fore-fit 25% of refund
- 15-21 days prior to check in fore-fit 50% of refund
- 8-14 days prior to check in fore-fit 75% of refund
- 1-7 days prior to check in fore-fit 100% of deposit
- Non arrival or early departure – No refund. The total booking value is fore-fit and payable