Welcome to our delightful country cottages for rent on The Garden Route between Knysna & Plettenberg Bay.
We require a minimum of 2 people per cottage. Additional adults GET REDUCED RATES so larger parties that fill all beds could stay at Packwood for as little as R375 per person per night – so get booking!
Country House Retreat: From R700 – R1050 per person per night sharing – minimum 2 adults [Sleeps six]. Extra adults FROM ONLY R700 pppn!
Our beautiful old thatched African farmhouse has 3 large double bedrooms all with en-suites, sweeping views over the estate, plenty of space for alfresco dining. If you are looking for a destination to relax and unwind and re-connect with nature you are at the right place.
Bottlebrush Cottage: R550 – R650 per person per night sharing – minimum 2 adults [Sleeps two].
Bottlebrush Cottage is a pretty, double storey, self catering thatched cottage with a romantic bedroom upstairs with doors opening onto your own private elevated deck and a very spacious and welcoming open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room.
Hill Cottage: R450 – R550 per person per night sharing – minimum 2 adults [Sleeps four]. Extra adults FROM ONLY R300 pppn!
A 2 bedroomed farm cottage hidden amongst the trees, (1 double and 1 twin), one with en-suite and a further shower room off the open plan living area with enclosed and very private deck to the front and small terrace to the rear.
If you need to re-connect with nature, learn how to embrace peace and quiet, enjoy drinking good wine and eating fresh farm produce, or hiking and cycling through pristine forests beautiful farmland, ravines and stunning coastal routes, Packwood is the perfect place for you.
With our proximity to all Garden Route attractions and activities, Packwood Country House Retreat, the clue is in the title, escape from the stresses of life and learn how to listen to the peace and embrace the tranquillity of Packwood, a short distance from the many pristine beaches and attractions this area has to offer. Surrounded by breathtaking countryside and shouldered by forests, nature is in abundance, Packwood Country House Retreat and cottages offer a diverse holiday experience, on the doorstep of the Garden of Eden a haven for hikers and cyclists, bird twitchers and nature lovers.
Although our accommodation is on a self catering basis, we trust you will be tempted to join us for breakfast & bubbles at least once during your stay.
Breakfast & bubbles are served at the “lunchbox” daily , sip and savour one of our delicious homemade cheese platters whilst sipping your favourite Packwood wines.
To stay in one of our country cottages, please bear in the mind the following:
Low Season 20th April – 10th Nov | High Season 11th Nov – 12th Dec & 11th Jan – 19th Apr | Christmas Period 13th Dec – 10th Jan
- We have a minimum stay of 2 nights during the year apart from the Christmas period – min stay 5 nights
- Our family swimming pool is for all the guests to enjoy with discretion, located below Packwood House.
If you love the outdoors and dream of living the “country lifestyle”, our country cottages are for you.
Surrounded by beautiful views, award winning wine and bubbly, “jerseylicious” homemade cheese, locally grown farm produce what more could you want your holiday accommodation to offer?
Think of Packwood as your own private retreat enjoy a well deserved rest at this beautiful destination.
Points to note:
- You are welcome to use our family pool, with consideration to other guests and the owners. Braais, music and private parties are not allowed at the pool area.
- Visit our wine tasting room to sip award winning wines and bubbly or the Lunchbox to savor our farm produce
- Plettenberg Bay is our nearest town just 15 minutes away and Knysna 25 minutes.
- Basic housekeeping is provided at an additional charge for the properties Mon – Fri mornings EXCLUDING public holidays. It is important to remember during the Dec/Jan holidays there are several public holidays.
- if you would like us to put a small hamper together for your arrival please let us know in advance
- Treat yourself to Breakfast and Bubbles at our Lunchbox served from 8.30 until 11 am, or for one of our homemade cheese platters.
- DSTV is available at R25 per day.
- As a sustainable farm we are extremely diligent in conserving as much water as possible, we suffered this year from the worst drought in 20 years which had a huge impact on our water resources, water is very precious, our green room policy is to provide linen once a week and not on an earlier basis, unless absolutely necessary. This results in a huge saving of water and guests can rest assured that their hosts are providing an environmentally responsible holiday stay.
- Please note that any breakages or damages to the cottage facilities during your stay will be charged accordingly.
Our Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be submitted in writing, cancellation charges apply as follows:-
- More than one month prior to check in no fore-fit full refund
22-30 days prior to check in fore-fit 25% of refund
- 15-21 days prior to check in fore-fit 50% of refund
- 8-14 days prior to check in fore-fit 75% of refund
- 1-7 days prior to check in fore-fit 100% of deposit
- Non arrival or early departure – No refund. The total booking value is fore-fit and payable