Packwood’s accommodation is ideal for longer stays because it is located equidistant from Knysna and Plett and close to all Garden Route activities.
Surrounded by nature Packwood offers a diverse holiday experience, Fisanthoek’s pristine forest is only 100m away, if a hike and bike is what you like you will be in your element, to all the wine lovers enjoy our delicious wine and bubbly, for bird twitchers and countryside enthusiasts nature surrounds you. Bed and breakfast, savour our Breakfast and Bubbles at the Lunchbox or stay for one of our homemade cheese platters for lunch.
Bottle Brush Cottage is a pretty double storey thatched cottage with an open-plan ground floor area and an upstairs bedroom with en-suite bathroom (Bath but no shower; the bathroom is in the eaves which does not suit taller people). The bedroom opens on to a lovely large and very private sun deck. Ideal for a couple. Especially honeymooners.
Hill Cottage: R1200 – R1350 per unit per night [Sleeps four]
A pretty little thatched cottage hidden amongst the trees. Two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin), one with ensuite and a further shower room off the open plan living area with enclosed and very private deck to the front and small terrace to the rear. Ideal for 2 couples or 2 adults and 2 children.
The family cottage has dappled views over the farm through the trees and sleeps 4 people in 1 double, 1 twin and 1 single, 1 full bathroom. Open plan sitting room, dining and kitchen area, opening on to an enclosed deck, ideal for catching the sun and relaxing.
Packwood House was the owners original family homestead it has 3 large double bedrooms all with en-suites. It is a very comfortable and spacious home, sweeping views over the estate, it sleeps 6 adults.
If you love the outdoors and dream of living the “country lifestyle”, Packwood accommodation is for you.
Surrounded by beautiful views, award winning wine and bubbly, “jerseylicious” home-made cheeses and dairy produce, what more could you want your holiday accommodation to offer?
Packwood’s accommodation allows you to finally unpack your suitcases and enjoy a well deserved rest.
Always call or email directly – we are flexible and will always accommodate you as best we can.
- Our High Season is (11th Nov – 19th Apr)
- We have a minimum stay of 3 nights from the 11th January – 10th December.
- We have a minimum stay of 10 nights between the 15th December and the 10th January
- Our family swimming pool is for all the guests to enjoy with discretion, located below Packwood House.
Points to note:
- You are welcome to use the pool provided consideration is shown at all times particularly to the guests residing at Bottle Brush cottage and the main house who overlook the pool area. Braais, music and private parties are prohibited.
- Packwood and and neighboring farm produce available for purchase during your stay book in advance
- Plettenberg Bay is our nearest town just 15 minutes away and Knysna 25 minutes.
- Basic housekeeping is provided at an additional charge for the properties Mon – Fri mornings EXCLUDING public holidays. It is important to remember during the Dec/Jan holidays there are several public holidays.
- order your farm hamper for your arrival, please contact us for available produce – charged additionally
- Treat yourself to Breakfast and Bubbles at our Lunchbox served until 10 am, or for one of our homemade cheese platters.
- DSTV is available at R25 per day.
- As a sustainable farm we are extremely diligent in conserving as much water as possible, as one of the most precious resources we have, our green room policy is to provide linen once a week and not on an earlier basis, unless absolutely necessary. This results in a huge saving of water and guests can rest assured that their hosts are providing an environmentally responsible holiday stay.
- Please note that any breakages or damages to the cottage facilities during your stay will be charged accordingly.
Our Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be submitted in writing, cancellation charges apply as follows:-
- More than one month prior to check in no fore-fit full refund
22-30 days prior to check in fore-fit 25% of refund
- 15-21 days prior to check in fore-fit 50% of refund
- 8-14 days prior to check in fore-fit 75% of refund
- 1-7 days prior to check in fore-fit 100% of deposit
- Non arrival or early departure – No refund. The total booking value is fore-fit and payable